Learning Brazilian Guitar Forums Introductions Guitar Duo and Trios

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Renato

I play in a guitar trio with two friends. As well as playing pieces written or arranged for three guitars, we sometimes play a set of three duets. Given your ability to arrange Brazilian music for guitar, have you ever considered making arrangements for two and three guitars?

Best wishes.

Nigel

• RenatoRenato
      Keymaster

Hi Nigel,
      I played in some guitar duos and trios in the past and used to write arrangements for the group. But it was a long time ago. The last time I played in a trio was in 1997. Wow!!! I am getting old!

Participant

Thanks, Renato.

I play with two old school friends.  We play many Latin American pieces, but very few Brazilian tunes. I recently discovered some of your Melody and Chord arrangements, three of which I could make in to a set of duets. We’ve tried this with a suite of three duets by Maiximo Diego Pujol where we rotate one of us not playing in each duet. However, it would be great if you were able to add some duets and trios to your website.

Best wishes and I look forward to becoming a member again in a few months’ time.

Nigel

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.