Learning Brazilian Guitar Forums Introductions Greetings from Atlanta GA USA

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Bom dia! My name is Tamara and I am looking forward to these lessons. I am a classically trained guitarist but have not played regularly for many years. I have a deep connection with Brazilian music, and love the interplay of classical and popular in so much of the instrumental music there. I studied Portuguese, and lived in Rio for about 7 months as I wrote a dissertation on the choro revival of the 1970s and 80s in Brazil. While there I got to meet so many incredible musicians, including Raphael and Luciana Rabello, Mauricio Carrilho, Dino Sete Cordas, Jorge Sima, Marco and Sergio Pinna, Josimar Monteiro and many more! Yet I never really learned to play Brazilian guitar by ear and would love the ability to sing along and improvise.

• RenatoRenato

Hi Tamara, welcome to the community.
      It must have been amazing to write a dissertation about the choro revival. Is your dissertation available for reading? If so, feel free to put a link here. It would be great if you could share it with us.

I really hope the lessons on the site can help you learn this style of guitar that is so special to me, and let me know at anytime if you need any help.

Best,
      Renato.

Participant

Greetings Tamara! Welcome! I am also in Atlanta! You will really enjoy learning here! Renato is a great teacher and his arrangements are beautiful. Continued success and Happy Holidays!

• RenatoRenato

Greetings Tamara! Welcome! I am also in Atlanta! You will really enjoy learning here! Renato is a great teacher and his arrangements are beautiful. Continued success and Happy Holidays!

Hi Kevin, thanks for your kind words

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.